IMPACTO 704-20 Fingerless Anti-Impact Glove with Detachable Wrist Support, Nylon Lycra & Grain Leather with Viscolasâ„¢ VEP Padded Palm/Web
Item # 704-20
IMPACTOÂ® anti-impact gloves utilize Visco-Elastic Polymer (VEP) padding*. VEP has excellent impact absorbing and shock dissipation qualities as well as absorption of higher levels of vibration. VEP is made from polyurethane with additional chemicals that increase its viscosity level. It is effective in redistributing and reducing local pressure on the area padded. VEP will not â€œcompression setâ€, making it extremely durable to stand to rigorous repetitive tasks. IMPACTOÂ® offers a large line of VEP padded gloves to suit customized needs. Available in sizes: XS – XXL.
Click “Extended Information” Tab Above to View Size Chart
- Soft durable grain leather
- VEP palm padding absorbs impact and dissipates shock
- Thumb web padding for tool grip
- Protects the thumb web area from cumulative trauma such as bruising from gripping tools
- Detachable grain leather wrist support
- Provides protection from abrasion, impact and shock
- Fingerless style for optimum dexterity
- Wrist support minimizes extension and over flexion of the wrist to prevent RSI such as carpal tunnel syndrome or tendinitis
- Used with hand or electric tools in repetitive tasks
Open finger gloves provide maximum dexterity, cushioning and abrasion protection. Used with manual or electric tools.
Viscolasâ„¢ VEP (1/8″/ 3 mm) padding offers excellent impact protection.
About IMPACTOÂ® Viscolasâ„¢ VEP Padding
VEPs are solids that mimic the behavior of liquids, which allows dissipation of shock waves better than any other material. The “solid-liquid” nature of VEP absorbs shock waves in all directions at once, reforming to its original shape at a rate that is slow enough so as not to exert outward pressure that could cause reverberations, but fast enough to regain its original shape before the next shock. In laboratory tests, VEP has proven its ability to absorb up to 500% more shock than foam of the same thickness. The unique manner in which VEP dissipates impact energy, makes it an ideal material for the improvement of health and safety in industry and commerce. Every year, hand and arm injuries caused by repetitive shock cost industry millions of dollars in health care. Musculoskeletal injuries have been identified as the most frequent type of workplace injury.