ANSI Type R Class 3
CSA Z96 Class 2 Level 2 (X on Back)
- Hi Vis Orange, Black Bottom
- Waterproof hi-vis polyester shell with quilted lining and storm cuffs
- Heavy duty zipper front closure with snap storm flaps
- Side zippers for greater range of motion
- Concealed detachable hood
- Inner and outer cell phone pocket, 2 storm flap snap pockets, and 2 mic tabs
- Waterproof hi-vis polyester with black bottom
- Reverses from hi-vis orange to black
- Converts to vest with removable, zip-out elastic sleeves
- 2 storm flap pockets and 2 mic tabs
ANSI/ ISEA 107 Type R Class 3 ; CSA Z96 Class 2 Level 2 *-
Inner jacket is non-rated when reversed and ANSI / ISEA Type R Class 2 when worn without sleeves
ANSI/ISEA 107-2015 TYPE R CLASS 3 Type R provides daytime and nighttime visual enhancement for workers in occupational environments, which include exposure to traffic from public access rights-of-way, roadway temporary traffic control (TTC) zones, or work vehicles and construction equipment within a roadway TTC zone. Performance Class 3 can offer greater visibility through a full range of body movements in both complex and non-complex backgrounds by having retro-reflective and combined performance materials on sleeves.
CAN/CSA Z96-15 CLASS 2 LEVEL 2 Level 2 is the highest retro-reflective performance material and is visible under dark conditions from a great distance. Retro-reflective material also reflects light produced by the headlights of oncoming traffic back to the vehicle operator. Performance Class 2 provides moderate body coverage and superior visibility. To comply with CSA standard apparel has to fully cover the upper torso (front, back, sides and over the shoulders) with the reflective striping composed of retro-reflective or combined performance materials. X-back is used to distinguish whether a worker is facing toward or facing away from a hazard. X-back configuration is mandatory in Canada, but can be used for ANSI apparel.